St. Barnabas Medical Center 5K Run/Walk
Saturday | August 3, 2013 @ 9 am
St. Barnabas Medical Center | 5830 Meridian Road, Gibsonia PA 15044
The most popular race in Pittsburgh’s North Hills – St. Barnabas Medical Center 5K Run/Walk is August 3, 2013 – it follows an out-and-back course along the rolling terrain of Meridian Road on the beautiful St. Barnabas campus in Gibsonia (Richland Township, a few miles from North Park). Runners are timed using a ChampionChip and the course is certified by USA Track and Field.
- $16 Fee (before July 26)
- $20 Fee (after July 26)
- Competitive and amateur runners, joggers, walkers, and racing wheelchair participants of all ages welcome.
- NO in-line skates or pets.
Proceeds benefit the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund, which in 2012 alone provided more than $4.5 million to poor and low-income patients at St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas and The Arbors at St. Barnabas.
- $250 Prize money to first place finishers
- Free Parking
- Runners bag and T-shirt
- Awards in 16 age categories: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place; 9 & under through Master and Grand Master divisions
- Elite runners given start line priority
- Packet Pick-Up is two days before the race on August 1st
- Post-Race party with live music, lots of food and tons of raffle prizes!
Relay and Corporate Team Opportunities
- Corporate teams of up to five with one female participant per team
- Medals will be awarded to the top three teams
- Athletic teams of up to five runners with one female participant per team
- Plaque for display at winning school
- Men: Jed Christiansen – 14:41 (2012)
- Women: Mary Alico – 17:51 (2004)
- Wheelchair: Kelly Timms – 20:10 (1995)
The Best Post-Race Party in the ‘Burgh
Enjoy delicious food, great raffle prizes and live music on the St. Barnabas Medical Center lawn. Bring the family!
Other sponsors include:
- Adrian’s Pizza
- Attorney Hal English
- Dr. Larry Campoli
- Clayton Kendall
- Cookson Peirce Investment Management
- DeForest Koselnik Yokitis Skinner & Berardinelli
- Dollar Bank
- Donut Connection
- First National Bank
- Frank B. Fuhrer Wholesale Company
- Gordon Food Service
- John Marshall Catering
- Mars National Bank
- Mars National Bank
- MMC Land Management
- NET Xperts LLC
- Paracca Interiors
- Penn Brewery
- Pizza Hut
- Reed & Witting Company
- Sarver Landscape
- Tri Rivers Surgical Associates
- Turner’s Dairy
- Up n Running
- US Foodservice
- Wells Fargo
Pine-Richland Football Players
St. Barnabas Charities
will push patients at the 5K Run/Walk. Join them in lending a hand to a good cause!
Call (724) 444-KEAN or
email St. Barnabas Charities.
5830 Meridian Road
Gibsonia, PA 15044